Thursday, November 1, 2007

HW28: Open letter to Riverbend

Dear Riverbend,
I have been reading your book Baghdad Burning, being a U.S. citizen I will be able to compromise and converse about these issue with you. Often, a lot of the times in America the press does not reveal the whole truth about some of these issues that are happening in Iraq. If we were provided with more knowledge of these issues people would be more willing to partake in positive action of the war. The book and blogs that you have published is a great advantage for us Americans, because now we have first hand knowledge to base our thoughts on. The problems that you face in Iraq daily are very traumatic and devastating. Having to face so many deaths of those people who are very close to you is very saddening to me. The sympathy that I have for your country is unbearable, if there were only something that I could do to stop this terror from happening. This war has effected me tremendously, but I do not have to face the treacherous fears of not knowing if I will be safe in my own home or even going to the store. The fact that troops raid people's homes is awful, why would people do such a thing to these innocent people who are asking for nothing but peace. When you said that you don't hate Americans, I am in the same standing position for Iraqi's. I do not like the Iraqi's who harmed our country, and the same goes for you not liking the American Troops. I do not blame you for having some form of hatred to the people who tear your country and citizen's apart daily. This war has nothing left to prove, just to prove that it is going to cause more hatred amongst Iraq and the U.S. The only way to come at peace with all of this is for it to come to an end. I am terribly sorry for all of the treacherous moments that you have had from this, but with all hope it will come to an end.

Sincerely,
Renee

No comments: