Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"I Blog,Therefore I Am"

During my time reading this chapter, there were very many interesting comments and concerns I came across. I disagreed with some and agreed with others. I did in fact agree with the understanding that you cannot always trust the media to deliver truthful facts to us. In the chapter it states that "old media" (including malls, newspapers, and books etc.) are coming to an end. I didn't particularly agree with this statement. I agree that it may not be as popular as it used to be, but the economy is changing. The "new media" offers new choices to people and they will take advantage of it. As it states on page 238 "Change, in other words, comes to the world on the world's terms, constrained by the limits of our political economy and human nature." It is trying to state that change happens when the time is necessary, people know when it is time for something new and advanced to take place. We will still use the old ways, but in different matters. If we never had the old ways of technology and media, the new ways would have never been able to come into play.

2 comments:

Tracy Mendham said...

Is this 5b?

Tracy Mendham said...

Fulfills the "agree and disagree" requirement of assignment.
I get a little lost in sentences like It is trying to tell us that change happens when the time is necessary... Try reading your response aloud to yourself before posting; it will help you catch some of these.