Saturday, October 6, 2007

HW17:Blogs I'm watching

While creating my bloglines account I was assigned to watch three different blogs. I chose to follow up on the blogs jezebel, feministe, and salon: Broadcast. While searching all of these blog's posts there was one that particularly caught my eye. It was on the Salon:Broadcast page and the headline was "Daddy Issues", so I read it.. This article was about a married couple who could not get pregnant because the husband's sperm count was too low. They wanted a child real bad, so they decided to get a sperm donor.. Not a better person to ask than your father right?? Well that is what they did, and now she is pregnant with her father-in-law's child. This sounds pretty gross to me. Dodai explained in the dialogue, "A seventy-two year old man will now father his own grandchild" (in line three of the article). Hearing those words coming from someone sounds devastating to me. That is like having sex with your husband's father, and that is not something that I am particularly interested in.

2 comments:

Tracy Mendham said...

Hmmm...something about this seems to gross lots of Jezebel readers out, but it's not that uncommon to have a family member be a sperm or egg donor when a couple is infertile. Maybe it's the age of the father-in-law that bugs people?

Tracy Mendham said...

Here's the link to the post:
http://jezebel.com/gossip/daddy-issues/-307685.php