Tuesday, October 16, 2007

HW18: Least Favorite Blog Of the Week

While I was checking up on the blogs that I am watching I came across a very devastating blog. I found it on Feministe and the headline was On Rape and Power, it was about a man who was named the worst rapist in the state of Pennsylvania. He pleaded guilty of raping 30 women, but the police are sure that there are more victims out there. At one trial in Philadelphia a judge heard the same senario "the women blacked out at some point during their dates, and either woke up incapacitated to Marsali's assulting them, or in the morning naked" (Lines 6 & 7). It said in the article that some of the woman who had been raped by him later had sex with him willingly. He met some of these women on match.com. The scary thing is that he knew his victims, he got to know them well (maybe a little too well). I thought that this article was "bad" not because of the way that it was written, but because of the story itself. This is very sad, and it could happen to anyone. I know people who have been in similar situations and it is very scary. I suggest that if anyone wants to use online dating systems to be very careful of what you say. I would also tell a friend or a family member about it, so that someone knows what is going on, just in case that something happens.

No comments: